cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Date Conversion error - worked fine yesterday?

Hi all, i have a flow that is taking a date from an excel file, comparing it today's date in a conditional and then, if they match, do some stuff.

yesterday - this worked fine. today, it fails with the error:
Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose' inputs at line '1' and column '2885': 'The template language function 'int' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be converted to the target type.'.

so here are the expressions i'm using to convert the date from the excel file to be the same for comparison purposes:

first - the excel input (using the "value - list of items" dynamic content:

formatDateTime(addDays('1900-01-01', add(int(items('Applytoeach')?['Date Conversion']), -2)), 'MM-dd-yyyy')

[Date Conversion] is my excel date column. my input looks like this once read out:
2021-01-13T00:00:00.000Z

next, i have an expression to get today's date for comparison:

formatDateTime(utcNow(), 'MM-dd-yyyy')

which is where the flow fails and i get the above error.

note, i have hundreds of dates in here, and they all fail, not just particular dates.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Seuadr 

Thanks for your posting.

According to your description, your flow got broken suddenly and error message related to date and time. Actually, it’s a known update for “List Rows action in the Excel Online (Business) connector” around January 15, 2021. Date format has been changed and we don’t need to do date conversion.

v-duann-msft_0-1611215116929.png

For detailed announcement, please kindly refer below link:

Excel Date changes in Power Automate - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Hope the content above may help you.

Thanks.

Anna

View solution in original post

Helper I
Helper I

so just to close the loop on this - they switched it back. you know, after i changed a couple dozen flows 😛 (at least it was only a couple dozen)

https://www.dontpapanic.com/blog/?p=681

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Seuadr 

Thanks for your posting.

According to your description, your flow got broken suddenly and error message related to date and time. Actually, it’s a known update for “List Rows action in the Excel Online (Business) connector” around January 15, 2021. Date format has been changed and we don’t need to do date conversion.

v-duann-msft_0-1611215116929.png

For detailed announcement, please kindly refer below link:

Excel Date changes in Power Automate - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Hope the content above may help you.

Thanks.

Anna

Helper I
Helper I

right you are! thanks! i didn't even think to look for a change to the connector...

Helper I
Helper I

so just to close the loop on this - they switched it back. you know, after i changed a couple dozen flows 😛 (at least it was only a couple dozen)

https://www.dontpapanic.com/blog/?p=681

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (60,573)