cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Date Error in Flow

Hi everyone,

I have used a templated flow to pull data  from a form into an SP list. All dates are formatted correctly and are not mandatory. However I still keep getting a failure on my flow with this message

FlowErrorOHS.PNG

All Site settings are English Australia and same for Region.

Any ideas on what the issue could be caused by?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Date Error in Flow

Hi @SimonY ,

There is no easy way to troubleshoot your problem, I would suggest for two solutions:

1. Create a new sharepoint list and then create a new flow to see if the issue still exists.

2. Leave the Date column blank from the form response and run the flow, check out which column caused the issue, then delete and recreate the column to see if the issue still exist.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SimonY ,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

I have made a test on my side and couldn't reproduce the issue, could you please explain more details of your flow and the "Create item" action? Have you add any expression in the "Create item" action for the date?

Does all the Date columns have value in the form response? Could you please take a try to add date to all the Date columns to see if the flow could run successfully?

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Alice,

Entering date data in all fields worked. I ran it again without filling all fields and it failed. Not all dates are mandatory and date details on list are set as image below. 

FlowIssue_Date.PNG

I have branching to skip some sections, including the insurance questions based on a no response, and nothing else is configured in the background. 

The blank fields are where the dynamic content will not show in the config flow creation? And I don't get a 'see more option' when selected to add them from my form?

Really appreciate the help :0)

My config is below;

OHS Form Flow Config 1OHS Form Flow Config 1

OHS Form Flow Config 2OHS Form Flow Config 2

OHS Form Flow Config 3OHS Form Flow Config 3

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SimonY ,

There is no easy way to troubleshoot your problem, I would suggest for two solutions:

1. Create a new sharepoint list and then create a new flow to see if the issue still exists.

2. Leave the Date column blank from the form response and run the flow, check out which column caused the issue, then delete and recreate the column to see if the issue still exist.

Best regards,

Alice       

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

Hi @v-alzhan-msft 

I think your right I will need to create a new list.

I have done a little test (new form new list and 3 date fields, two required one not) and get some interesting format change showing in data being pushed from a simple form. See Date sent and Date reported below. Both are identical in the list and only Date Reported is required in the list.

OHSFormFlowTest1.PNG

OHSFormFlowTest2.PNG

Thanks for the help too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (5,646)