Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nelsonbj
Level: Powered On

Date and Time Conditions/Expressions

Hello,

I am trying to build a flow that runs on a weekly schedule, checking for items (in a SharePoint List) that have been created more than one year ago.  If an item has not been created more than a year ago, then the flow takes no further action.  But, if the item has been created more than a year ago, then flow will take steps to move that item to a separate SharePoint List.

I mostly have things figured out (I think), but am having a lot trouble figuring out what the correct expression would be (to test whether or not an item has been created more than a year ago).  So far, I have:

@equals(items('Apply_to_each')?['Created'], utcNow(addDays(365)))

Creating expressions is definitely something that I have long struggled with, so any help you could provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Date and Time Conditions/Expressions

Hi @nelsonbj,

Do you want to check items that have been created more than one year ago and save them into another list?

I have made the following test. As I don’t have an item created one year ago, so I create a Date column. It is trigged by a Button, while you could change it to a Recurrence trigger according to your needs.

In the Condition, use the following code:

@equals(formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['Date'], 'yyyy-MM-dd'),formatDateTime(adddays(utcnow(),-365),'yyyy-MM-dd'))

Note: Make sure you have formatted the two dates into the same format.

The flow is configured as below and it works fine. Please take it for a reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @nelsonbj,

Do you want to check items that have been created more than one year ago and save them into another list?

I have made the following test. As I don’t have an item created one year ago, so I create a Date column. It is trigged by a Button, while you could change it to a Recurrence trigger according to your needs.

In the Condition, use the following code:

@equals(formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['Date'], 'yyyy-MM-dd'),formatDateTime(adddays(utcnow(),-365),'yyyy-MM-dd'))

Note: Make sure you have formatted the two dates into the same format.

The flow is configured as below and it works fine. Please take it for a reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

nelsonbj
Level: Powered On

To answer your question, yes.  The goal is to check items on a list, saving them to a different list if they have been created more than one year ago.

Which is what I believe your expression below does.  For testing purposes, if I changed -365 to -1, that shouldn't break anything right?  It would just change the flow so that it looks for items older than one day instead of one year?

Thanks a bunch for all your help, I really appreciate it. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,722)