cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bvanessen
Level: Powered On

Date value being changed when a SharePoint list item is sent for approval via Flow

Hi guys

I have a bit of a weird issue with Flow and a Sharepoint list. 

When entering items into a custom list I have created, there are 2 columns that take date values. If I set these to my required value and save the entry, everything behaves as expected and the list entry is added with the correct dates.

I've created a Flow process which sends an approval email out to the user based on another column inside this list. As soon as the Flow begins and sends out the approval email, both date values in the list entry will change to be a single day before what had previously been entered and saved. 

I've checked all regional settings on the site and on the user I'm testing with. Both are set to the same timezone (Auckland, New Zealand, UTC+12), however the issue keeps occuring. 

Does Flow use it's own regional settings which is pushing the date out by a few hours?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
bvanessen

Re: Date value being changed when a SharePoint list item is sent for approval via Flow

Hi all

Still looking for some assistance with this. Anyone have any ideas?

bvanessen

Re: Date value being changed when a SharePoint list item is sent for approval via Flow

Hi all

I have recevied a response from Microsoft directly regarding this. 

For anyone else who comes across this issue, here is the response/reasoning:

"Hello

I verified and reviewed your flow.

This is a known issue that flow reads dates in UTC time format. And therefore, it updates the date as 1 day past.

In order to come over the issue, you can either change Sharepoint Regional settings to show UTC time or update the dates using the formula as showed in the snapshot.

addminutes(<Trigger>,0,'MM/dd/yyyy')

unnamed.jpg

Please let me know if it works for you."

Thanks.

arbangara99

What can I do to display the dates properly in the approval email?

The date values entered in Sharepoint list is included in the approval mail triggered by new item creation in Sharepoint.

Any idea? Currently if one enters 03/31/2017, in the approval email it is displayed as 03/30/2017.

CourtneyLeah

Hi @bvanessen,

Did you manage to get this to work for you? Depending on the parameters I put in, it either does nothing or I get really unexpected results (ie date going back months, instead of forward one day).

I would love to hear if you've managed to figure out how to get around this.

Cheers

Toucan

I have the same problem and had no success with the 'adddays' solution.

My workaround is to create a calculated columns in Sharepoint, where you can use good old Excel like functions to add a day. I've found it also helps to convert them text before passing them onto flow so that you have some control of the format displayed in the email using something like:

=text(<date column>+1,"dd/mm/yyyy")

You can then create a second column which is formatted in the ISO std way to pass back to sharepoint to overwrite the original date column to account for Flow's change of the date

=text(<date column>+1,"yyyy-mm-dd") 

I make these calculated columns hidden to avoid confusion for the users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 321 members 3,042 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: