cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ault

DevOps Trigger - When a work item is assigned

Hi Everyone... I am new to this forum (and to Power Automate) so please be kind. I have searched a bit on this, but my search skills are failing me. 

I have built a flow that triggers on "DevOps - When a work item is assigned" to create a task in a planner. However, the pre-made trigger has "Assigned to" as a mandatory field. It would be really useful not to have to make a separate flow for each team member. 

Ideally, I would like to use a wildcard here (or simply omit it from the trigger); as the Flow takes the "Assigned to" email address and adds it to the task in planner which assigns it there. 

Peeking at the code suggests that it would be quite a simple task to edit the (JSON?) that creates the trigger... but I am not sure where to then go to register this (code based) trigger so that I can use it.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
YassGr

You need to check the possible output of your trigger. Not sure if the email of the assigned to (in devops) is available, but i think you can get the name.

From this point, you can either create a condition in you flow (If name=A then set mail=A@example.com). Another solution would be to have this mapping name/email in an online excel. Then you create a step in your flow to get a row from online excel, using the name as id. The available columns in your excel table should be availabe as output of this step, you can then use it in the field assigned to.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.  I am fine with that part. I probably was not clear enough, my issue is that the trigger require an "individual" in "assigned to"... I want it to be any team member.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,195)