cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not trigger a flow when a folder is created in a document library

Hello,

I am trying to create an approval flow for a document library. The lib will basically have folders inside them all the files that get uploaded will be inside those folders.

The issue I am having is when I now create a folder that also triggers the flow and sets the status as pending. I am finding it difficult to make the flow not trigger when a folder is created and make it trigger ONLY when a file is uploaded inside that folder. 

Folders will be created by the end user as when required and are not pre-created.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You can't stop the Flow from running when a folder is created, but you can check to see if the item created is a folder and exit the Flow (with success).

Folder.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You can't stop the Flow from running when a folder is created, but you can check to see if the item created is a folder and exit the Flow (with success).

Folder.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScottShearer  thanks for that suggestion. I will try that approach and see if it solves my issue.

ellenthomas
Frequent Visitor

Can this same be done when a folder is created in Onedrive?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,236)