cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristof805
Level: Powered On

Don't Flow on SharePoint Item if Flow is already running for that item?

I have a SharePoint list that contains line items that we use for budgeting / approval. Sometimes people will fill out a line item but they are not ready to submit it for the approval process (draft version / don't have all the numbers / etc). To solve this problem, I added a drop down called Check for Approval to each item where the options are: Don't Submit (default), Submit, and Approved.

My Flow runs off of When an item is created or modified and then the first thing it does is checks the condition for Check for Approval. If it equals Submit, it proceeds, otherwise it stops right there.

My problem is that if somebody creates a new item and selects Submit, then subsequently changes that item, still with Submit, a second Flow will trigger, which makes sense. The newest version will have to be approved. However, the first Flow that was triggered is now kind of useless.

Is there an easy way to solve this problem of only having one Flow running on an item? Put another way, can you cancel a Flow on an item if another Flow triggers on the same item?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Don't Flow on SharePoint Item if Flow is already running for that item?

Hi @kristof805,

There is no any way you could cancel a Flow on an item if another Flow triggers on the same item in microsoft flow currently,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Don't Flow on SharePoint Item if Flow is already running for that item?

Hi @kristof805,

There is no any way you could cancel a Flow on an item if another Flow triggers on the same item in microsoft flow currently,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,255)