cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jbrowning
Level: Powered On

Dropbox flow not running

I've setup a flow using the dropbox and push template. 

I added a new file to the folder waited about 30 minutes and nothing.  Since then I have deleted the template, and readded my connection to dropbox hoping this would fix it.  Again its been about 30 minutes or so and the flow has not run.

What am I missing?

16 REPLIES 16
Super User
Super User

Re: Dropbox flow not running

Hi @jbrowning,

Can you please post a screen shot of your flow?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Jbrowning,

Did you mean the following template?

1.PNG

I got the same problem using the above template. Please help to confirm

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jbrowning

aflow.PNG

jbrowning

I posted the flow below.  It was only for when files were added to dropbox.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Jbrowing,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I just reproduced your issue using this flow. I will try to involve more resource to look into it.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jbrowning

Thanks for getting back to me!

I appreciate your help with this 🙂

tdutch

I ran into this as well. Unfortunately, I was trying to show our management how easy Flow is to use and I chose the DropBox (create of file) trigger for the demo. I created several files, both inside the DropBox folder and copied in from an outside folder, and the Flow never fired. I created another Flow from scratch. Nothing.

Shouldn't the Flow QA team put some sort of automated monitoring in place to verify that the connectors and triggers are working?  I see that it's been 2 weeks (at least) and the functionality is still not working.

jtwohig

Is there any update on this? It is not working for me either.

tdutch

I tested it again and it didn't work the first time...  (Simple Flow: Trigger on create of DropBox file, then send a push notification then delete the file).

But I tried one more time with a different file and it worked.

The difference between the files: One has a space in the filename and the other one doesn't.

So, that might be it... it doesn't like spaces.

Note that it takes around 30 seconds for the Flow to run on creation of the DropBox file... at least that's how long it took during my tests.

tdutch

Also, the push notification is unreliable; the Flow app only showed a notification of about 25% of the files I copied to the DropBox folder (at least a minute delay between file copy). Hopefully there's a check in the mail to me for all this testing.  🙂

jtwohig

I tried without spaces in the names but it still didn't work. Now I know it isn't just me doing something wrong.

Thanks for taking a look.

jbrowning

I have also tried to eliminate the spaces, still no luck.  Really wish I could get this working, it's a great concept and would help tremendously!

tdutch

Agreed, it's frustrating. Flow has great potential, but the team needs to put a lot more focus on QA. It's not good enough to get a connector working, release it then forget about it.

fbinoede
Level: Power Up

Same issue. Dropbox workflow does not fire. I worked when I added a jpg via dropbox website. Any other filetype or a file added via dropbox application does not fire the flow. I used the Dropbox flow template, just to try it out.

Does not work. Any updates on this?

EyadMohaisen
Level: Power Up

Re: flows not running on Trial Office 365 ?

hello!, i have question please: i am using the trial version of the office 365 and i was trying to create some flows ex: Dropbox to onenote trigger, but it's not working for some reason, is this also related to my trial version?!

many thanks!

Reg,

@EyadMohaisen

tdutch

Re: flows not running on Trial Office 365 ?

The DropBox "create of file" trigger is not working for full Office 365 subscribers either. I don't know what's going on with it. My DropBox client says "Up to date", so it's likely not a DropBox version issue. It could be that DropBox changed their API and the Microsoft Flow team didn't get the news, or the connector just needs to be taken down until the team can get it working reliably.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 204 members 6,211 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: