Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobinPi
Level: Powered On

Dynamics 365 and Flow -> Send mail on status change

Hi,

I am new at flows but I already have problems 🙂

I want to create an email when a Dynamics 365 record changes it state to "Active".

So I created this flow:

image.png

My problem now is, that for every update in my record in this state, I will get an email. But I just want it on the change where the state is set.

So changing the state from DRAFT to ACTIVE (2 to 0) should send an email, but updating the record in state ACTIVE schouldn't.

How to solve this in flow?

With c# I would use Pre and PostImage for this. But in flow I have no idea for this.

Best,

Robin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamics 365 and Flow -> Send mail on status change

Hi @RobinPi ,

Thanks for updating.

When using the trigger When a record is updated, the flow will be triggered whenever a record is updated. I’m afraid that currently there is no possible way to just trigger the flow when specific field is updated.

I have seen a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote it at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Workflow-start-conditional-based-on-change-to-item-pr...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RobinPi ,

Which entity are you using?

Which dynamic content are you using in the Condition? Could you show me the full name of the dynamic content in the Condition?

I guess that you are working with entity Products, if you want to send an email when the status is Active, please try the following flow.

In the Condition, select dynamic content Status Label for left value field, then enter Active in the right value field, only when the product is published will the notification be sent.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RobinPi

Hi Mabel,

I am using flow with Attract (Dynamics for Talent) and using the "jop openings" entity. It's created in Status "Draft" (Code 2) and I can set it to status "active" (code 0). Then I will get an email for this.

But I will get an email too when in status "active" any other property is updated. Is there any way to get the changed properties inside flow? So I can check if there is "msydn_jobopeningstatus" in the changed properties?

image.png

Best,

Robin

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RobinPi ,

Thanks for updating.

When using the trigger When a record is updated, the flow will be triggered whenever a record is updated. I’m afraid that currently there is no possible way to just trigger the flow when specific field is updated.

I have seen a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote it at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Workflow-start-conditional-based-on-change-to-item-pr...

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

RobinPi

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

thanks for your answer. I voted for the idea and accepted your solution so far.

Best,

Robin

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Users online (5,209)