cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshua_Lehmann
Level: Powered On

Dynamics 365 to Excel - Filtering problems + Lookupvalues

Hello Community

I wanna build a flow which runs every month and exports all contact from Dynamics365 which have no value in the field "company" to an excel sheet.

I setup everything but it does not work as expected.

I Have following problems:

1. First I get alot of empty Records which have no values (only PowerAppsID) see screenshot.
  2. Second I get all contacts and not only those without a company. (Maybe my Odata Filter Query is wrong)?
  3. And Last, for the field Firmenname (companyname) I get only the GUID of the record, I would like to have the value.

Here is my flow:

AddRowsToExcelForD365 ContactswithoutCompany.PNG

Thanks for any help 🙂

OnlyGUID.pngEmptyRecords.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamics 365 to Excel - Filtering problems + Lookupvalues

Hi @Joshua_Lehmann,

Odata filter query ne means not equal, it will return the value not equal to what you specified. So if you want to get all contacts that have no value in the filed Company, you could try to use the function eq to get the null value.

To test this issue, I created a flow likes bellow. The function I used in my flow will return accounts that have no value in the accountnumber field, and exactly that three of the accounts don’t have an account number. It works fine and three records will be exported into the excel file.

Please check the following screenshot for a reference:

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

More details about Odata filter query, please check this documentation:

Using Filter Expressions in OData URIs

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Joshua_Lehmann,

Odata filter query ne means not equal, it will return the value not equal to what you specified. So if you want to get all contacts that have no value in the filed Company, you could try to use the function eq to get the null value.

To test this issue, I created a flow likes bellow. The function I used in my flow will return accounts that have no value in the accountnumber field, and exactly that three of the accounts don’t have an account number. It works fine and three records will be exported into the excel file.

Please check the following screenshot for a reference:

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

More details about Odata filter query, please check this documentation:

Using Filter Expressions in OData URIs

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Joshua_Lehmann
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-yamao-msft 

Oh what a bad mistake I feel kinda stupid now, thanks for your help. However I have another question, I would like to only retrive the active contacts. How can I set this filters? 

And where could I see the possible correct values of a dynamics 365 field? For example which options the statecode field has? In the dynamics365 field properties I only see the field type which is status, but no "option values".

My filter looks like this at the moment, but sadly did not work.

FlowODataFilter.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,895)