Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andythefirst
Helper II
Helper II

Email being sent when new List item added

Hi,

I have a flow to send an email from a list when a column is ammended.  This works well however when a new row is added on the list from a form which feeds the list my second flow is triggered to send an email even though it shouldnt be as the previuos row hasnt been amended. 

Firstly i hope this makes sense an secondly please help 🙂image001-1.png

37 REPLIES 37

@Andythefirst 

The way we are comparing the date and time is not correct. So basically what is the trigger you are using in the flow? 

This is the right way to use the comparision when comparing the dates: 

nssks.png

And I am guessing you want to compare the created date and check if it was "NOT" created 5 minutes ago, for that use the not equal to in the condition. 

In the left side use the expression editor and type ticks(). after typing this, within the brackets select the "Created" column from the dynamic content selector. 

For the right side, use the expresssion: 

ticks(addMinutes(utcNow(),-5))

Hope this Helps!

Hi,

its still not worked and the screenshot is the same as last time.

If we scratch completly what i have done how would you do it? I am more than happy to change it all if it makes it work.

Thanks @yashag2255 

Hi @Andythefirst , We will not have to change the entire thing but let us give another try. So as I understand you want to send the email when that option is selected as yes and the item was not created 5 minutes ago right?

yes please. 

Really i just want the email to be sent when Date offered changes in the list from no to yes.

At the moment when they fill in the form they select No 99% of the time.  I added the time thing on because previously i had it blank and yes and when it was blank if a new job row was added it sent the email even though nothing had changed.

Thanks

Hey @Andythefirst , 

Can you try by changing the condition of the Created row (the second condition) to less than or equal to?

It should work then. 

Also, if you just wnat to trigger when it is yes then you can remove the second condition. It will work only when they have selected "Yes". earlier it was not working maybe beause we were using the wrong value. 

Hope this helps!

I only have Date Offered Value. Does that matter?

image001-13.png

@Andythefirst Yes. This is correct. Can you run and check if it working as you want it to?

Still no email i'm afraid.  Is it because the expression result is false?

image001-14.png

@Andythefirst Yes. Did you change the Date Off.. to Yes in the sharepoint list? Can you post the screenshot of the entire flow (barring all the sensitive information)? I want to have a look at the end to end process. 

Hi @yashag2255,

i did change the list to Yes.  Here is the flow in full (sorry for the scruffy hiding of the info 🙂 )

image001-15.png

Hey @Andythefirst can you go to the sharepoint column "Date Offered Value" and check what is the datatype of that column?

Also, can you please modify the condition and put "true" in the place of "Yes" and test it (in the flow)

I created a new column in my SP list. and the column datatype is choice. I put Yes or No over there and created this flow:

trsa0.pngtrsa1.png

I then modified the item in sharepoint list to Yes and the flow worked. You can remove the get item action from your flow and just keep the condition and add the email in your Yes branch. Based on the column datatype and evrything this works perfectly. 

Hi @yashag2255 

The list looks like this 

image001-16.png

The SP area shows the box as Yes

image001-18.png

But I still have this 😞

image001-17.png

Really appreciate the help i know this must be incredibly frustrating

So once you complete the flow and set it to run, what do you do next? did you try changing or creating a new item in sharepoint and see the results?

Also, I am assuming that you are choosing the "Date Offered Value" in the condition. Please confirm!

i wasnt, let me change and test. sorry

Brilliant, thats sorted it.

Thanks very much for all your help @yashag2255 

Awesome!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (7,067)