cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GTMSWadmin
Advocate II
Advocate II

Encountered internal server error - cannot troubleshoot or see detailed error description

I have a flow that reads an XML file and loops every record to update a list based on some conditions. It is being run daily. 2 days ago it started to fail. The error was encountered internal server error, so I thought it was an one off issue, maybe server was down. But today it failed again, same message.

Normally I will go to the step that failed to find out more and troubleshoot the issue. But now the steps are greyed out and I can't expand it. What are the possible issues that will cause this 'internal server error' message?

GTMSWadmin_0-1614332026834.png

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There's like 50+ over actions, difficult to take screenshots.

Never mind, I found that if I split the file into 2 and run the flow twice (I even ran them concurrently), the flow works fine with zero errors. Maybe the server can't handle 1000+ records in the XML file in a single run.

If a proper error description can be shown, then we would not need to do blind trial and error troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GTMSWadmin,

It might be a temporary issue, you could try it again after several minutes.

If possible, could you please share the action details? It will help us assist you better.

Is it a condition action? If yes, you could create a Compose action and put the two values in the two sides of Condition action in it to check the two values if met the condition you set.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It has now happened 3 days in a row, I doubt it's a few minutes kind of error.

It is a really long flow with many steps, I can export the whole flow for you (how do I share it with you?).

I get errors in flows that I create time to time, and I can fix them by seeing which step got the error and debug/troubleshoot it accordingly. I'm sure it's the same for everybody. But the issue now is I can't even see any meaningful error description and which step caused the error.

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GTMSWadmin,

How often does this problem occur?

You could export your Flow and attach it in a reply. 

Or you could insert screenshots about these actions:

Screenshot 2021-03-01 144835.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

There's like 50+ over actions, difficult to take screenshots.

Never mind, I found that if I split the file into 2 and run the flow twice (I even ran them concurrently), the flow works fine with zero errors. Maybe the server can't handle 1000+ records in the XML file in a single run.

If a proper error description can be shown, then we would not need to do blind trial and error troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (12,688)