cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Enter the Assigned to content after run the flow

We need to send multiple approvals for selected documents. Theres a way to ask for the content of the assigned to field in thee approval after run the flow?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Enter the Assigned to content after run the flow

I may not be understanding your question but yes, you can access the assigned to/approver after the approval step completes.  If there are multiple approvers for a single approval action, you can use an apply to each statement.  This will allow you to loop through all approvers who responded.

If there is a single approver for each approval action you simply reference the approver for that specific approval action.

Please post here if you need more explanation or a screen shot or if I don't understand your question corectly

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ LuzRamos,

Do you want to get the approver or approvers in the "Assigned to" field of "Start an approval" action?

Could you please explain more about the multiple approvals? Do you mean you have multiple "Start an approval" actions in your flow or you have a "Start an approval" actions with multiple approvers in the "Assigned to" field

If you have multiple "Start an approval" actions in your flow,and you want to get all the approvers in the "Assigned to" field of all "Start an approval" actions,please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

And you could get all the approvers in the "Assigned to" field of all "Start an approval" actions as below:

Capture.PNG

If you have a "Start an approval" actions with multiple approvers in the "Assigned to" field in your flow,and you want to get all the approvers in the "Assigned to" field the "Start an approval" action,please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

And you could get all the approvers in the "Assigned to" field the "Start an approval" action as below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted

Thanks for your reply. In effect, what I'm looking for is to have a single approval statement and be able to accept the input of the approvers emails in each document to approve. These approvers change with each project.

I will try your suggestion.  Thanks again.
Highlighted

Hi, Thanks for your response.  Our intention is that by selecting the document (For selected item), when the flow run, Prompt to  enter the emails of the approvers.  If that is possible.  any help is welcome.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ LuzRamos,

If you want to by selecting the document (For selected item), when the flow run, Prompt to enter the emails of the approvers,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,366)