Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dybarna
Frequent Visitor

Error 429 "status": 429, "message": "429 TOO MANY REQUESTS

Hello all,

anyone knows how to fix this error?

I have a set of files uploading attachment from Outlook, and then another set copying files from one folder to another one in different library. But I have 2 that always fail do to this error.

I have tried changing the time the file is uploaded in order to have less flows running at the same time, but no success.

Its a simple flow:

Flow type of chat.PNG

It was ruunig before untill suddenly I got this warning message with the trigger. I edited and set the same trigger again, but same issue:

Flow type of chat runs.PNG

Flow type of chat 429 error.PNG

Any suggestions or workarounds?

7 REPLIES 7
gsivasai
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @Dybarna,

What's the volume of files being uploaded to that folder? It could possibly be a real issue with the number of calls triggerring the flow on that folder plus the number of times the flow is accessing that folder to subsequently grab files and copying them over to another lib. Few options for you here:

- Decrease the volume of calls causing the trigger if possible by using a trigger condition within the 'When a file is created in a folder' trigger action.

- Batch the size of attachments being created in that folder using a recurrence flow to space it out.

- Adjust the retry policy of that trigger action as seen below. The default is set to retry 4 times, you can increment that and set the policy type to be Fixed Interval and PT1M = retryn interval of 1 min

retry.PNG

Hope this helps!

- G

If this answered your question, please mark the question as answered. Answered questions help users with similar asks quickly find a resolution. Thank you!

Dybarna
Frequent Visitor

hi @gsivasai

To that specific folder only one file a day.

to the same library about 20-30 files

I'll try what you suggested

thanks!

Dybarna
Frequent Visitor

it keep giving me this warning

Flow warning trigger.PNG

@Dybarna  What do you see when you click on Fix the trigger?

Dybarna
Frequent Visitor

@gsivasai  it brings me to the editing flow screen (The last screenshot of my first message), where it will informs about error 429 and the status messages

Hi @Dybarna ,

Please try the following to see if it can mitigate the issue you have encountered:

• Click Save as to create a copy of Flow, then turn on Flow and configure where it may need to be configured, and finally see if this copy is available.
  • Alternatively, you could export this Flow as a .zip file and re-import it as a new Flow. After doing the relevant configuration, check if similar problems still exist.

Or you can try to reconfigure the connection and reconfigure the Flow.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi I have deleted the flow and created again and I have the same issue.

Not sure what is going on? is there a limitation of number of Flows?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (47,351)