cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Error: Bad gateway - number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold

I have a very simple flow that should send on a regular basis notifications to record owners  in a sharepoint list. List with a lot of columns but  few rows ...

I'm getting the error:

"The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator".

Knowing that I can not delete columns. Is there another way to get the flow working ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @M_DONNAY,

How is your flow created? Are you using Filter query in your flow?

Per my research, it seems that by default the limit is 8 lookups per list.

Please check this thread at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/SharePoint-Lists-add-ability-to-select-columns-and-li...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi @v-yamao-msft

I have reduced the flow to a simple Recurrence->Get items

I got the error

"status"502,
  "message""The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator.\r\nclientRequestId: ea84c772-f9ef-4067-9cfd-7b2a3db30177",
  "source""https://YYYY.sharepoint.com/teams/XXXXXXX/_api/SP.APIHubConnector.GetListItems(listName='5a9d976f-dae9-4f25-b7ef-b239e3e8072e',queryOptions=@q)?@q='%2524filter%3dProgram_x0020_Status%2520eq%2520%2527Ongoing%2527%2520%2520or%2520Program_x0020_Status%2520eq%2520%2527On-Going%2527'",

There is a filter on one status column "Program Status"

Note that the similar REST query on the same list doesn't returns error:

https://YYYY.sharepoint.com/teams/XXXXXXXX/_api/lists(GUID'5a9d976f-dae9-4f25-b7ef-b239e3e8072e')/it...

Highlighted

I have created simple flow , When item is created in list send me the email, But when item is created in the list, flow doesnt get triggerd , after digging i got error like "The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column "

{
  "error": {
    "code": 502,
    "source": "msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId": "07afc03e-9ca3-4bff-94a7-02e7a5855b2e",
    "message": "BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status": 502,
      "message": "The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator.\r\nclientRequestId: ,
      "source": "../_api/SP.APIHubConnector.GetNewListItems",
      "errors": [
        "-2147024749",
        "Microsoft.SharePoint.SPQueryThrottledException"
      ]
    }
  }

Highlighted

Would be nice if the sharepoint get items allows to select only the fields required in the flow ... maybe a way to get rid of this error in the future ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (12,249)