cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_DONNAY
Advocate II
Advocate II

Error: Bad gateway - number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold

I have a very simple flow that should send on a regular basis notifications to record owners  in a sharepoint list. List with a lot of columns but  few rows ...

I'm getting the error:

"The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator".

Knowing that I can not delete columns. Is there another way to get the flow working ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @M_DONNAY,

How is your flow created? Are you using Filter query in your flow?

Per my research, it seems that by default the limit is 8 lookups per list.

Please check this thread at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/SharePoint-Lists-add-ability-to-select-columns-and-li...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yamao-msft

I have reduced the flow to a simple Recurrence->Get items

I got the error

"status"502,
  "message""The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator.\r\nclientRequestId: ea84c772-f9ef-4067-9cfd-7b2a3db30177",
  "source""https://YYYY.sharepoint.com/teams/XXXXXXX/_api/SP.APIHubConnector.GetListItems(listName='5a9d976f-dae9-4f25-b7ef-b239e3e8072e',queryOptions=@q)?@q='%2524filter%3dProgram_x0020_Status%2520eq%2520%2527Ongoing%2527%2520%2520or%2520Program_x0020_Status%2520eq%2520%2527On-Going%2527'",

There is a filter on one status column "Program Status"

Note that the similar REST query on the same list doesn't returns error:

https://YYYY.sharepoint.com/teams/XXXXXXXX/_api/lists(GUID'5a9d976f-dae9-4f25-b7ef-b239e3e8072e')/it...

I have created simple flow , When item is created in list send me the email, But when item is created in the list, flow doesnt get triggerd , after digging i got error like "The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column "

{
  "error": {
    "code": 502,
    "source": "msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId": "07afc03e-9ca3-4bff-94a7-02e7a5855b2e",
    "message": "BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status": 502,
      "message": "The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator.\r\nclientRequestId: ,
      "source": "../_api/SP.APIHubConnector.GetNewListItems",
      "errors": [
        "-2147024749",
        "Microsoft.SharePoint.SPQueryThrottledException"
      ]
    }
  }

Would be nice if the sharepoint get items allows to select only the fields required in the flow ... maybe a way to get rid of this error in the future ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Users online (2,406)