cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error "'foreach' expression '@items('Apply_to_each')' is of type 'Object'" in due day reminder flow on Sharepoint List

Hello,

I set up a due day reminder flow in a sharepoint list. It's scheduled to run on 08:00 everyday to see any items are 2 days before target date. Then, the flow will send a reminder e-mail with the title of that item to the assignee. I found that the flow has error in sending e-mail step. The error is "The execution of template action 'Apply_to_each_2' failed: the result of the evaluation of 'foreach' expression '@items('Apply_to_each')' is of type 'Object'. The result must be a valid array.". The flow was working at the time assignee field allowing single input only. My colleague updated the settings of assignee field to allow multiple input and the flow got error. Then, I changed back to allow single input only but the problem persists. May I know is this the root cause of this error?

Below are the errors I got.

The error I gotThe error I got

Click on "Apply to each" for the details.

The error message I gotThe error message I got

This is the flow I set.

My flowMy flow

The condition to get the items.

The condition to get the itemsThe condition to get the items

The details of the e-mail.

The emailThe email

Mouse on 'Assignee email'.

Description of assignee e-mailDescription of assignee e-mail

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous 

Either way it should work so I guess your issue right now is that you have 2 Apply_to_each inside each other you should get rid of the second one and move the send email step to the first loop

Mira_Ghaly_0-1648696886956.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Anonymous 

So do you want the column to be Multichoice and send to each one on the list?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Mira_Ghaly ,

We can keep it as single choice. Will this be easier to the flow? Thanks!

Regards,

Francesca

@Anonymous 

Either way it should work so I guess your issue right now is that you have 2 Apply_to_each inside each other you should get rid of the second one and move the send email step to the first loop

Mira_Ghaly_0-1648696886956.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Mira_Ghaly ,

Thanks for your help and the problem has been fixed. Thanks again!

Regards,

Francesca

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (6,268)