cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Error with SharePoint Resolve Person and alternate email addresses in AD

Hi All,

I've got an issue with the Resolve Person action which has recently started throwing the following error:

Did not resolve to exactly one entity value. Number of values found: 2

This action was working completely find until the 9th of December, where a change was made to a sizeable portion of our AD accounts in order to add alternate email addresses to certain accounts. For example:

There is an account called a.user@outlook.com
There is a second account called another.user@outlook.com with a.user@outlook.com assigned as an alternative email address.

I believe this is causing the resolve person action to pick up both the a.user@outlook.com and another.user@outlook.com accounts, causing the above error. The action does also allow for the use of display names, but that runs the risks of getting two different accounts from different users that happen to have the same name.

To clarify, I've created a custom connector that gets all Power BI workspaces via REST API, which I then loop through, get the Admins/Members of the workspace, and then try to add to a SharePoint list. I am performing a Resolve Person to get the SharePoint user before adding them into the column in the SP list.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (33,174)