cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TGPDenver
Frequent Visitor

Excel Get Rows Error 423

Problem: Individuals use a tablet at our front desk to provide contact information. The organization requires that we use Microsoft Forms. I want to automatically send a confirmation email to the person once they have filled out the form.

Attempted Solution: I am trying to create a flow to send an email to a person once they've submitted a response in a form. These individuals are not a part of my organization, so I have to access the email address they supply in the form. I have created the following steps so far:

flow.png
The flow fails each time it gets to the Get Rows line due to a 423 error, with the document being locked for editing. The document is saved in OneDrive for Business.

I have tried the workaround solution from:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Excel-Get-Rows-Error-423-Cannot-write-file-to-fileso...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Microsoft-Flow-Excel-File-Locked-While-Not-Open/m-p/...

I have delayed it for 3 minutes, 5 minutes, and 10 minutes. I still get the 423 error. I'm also afraid that this work around won't work when I get a lot of submissions at once.

I'm not attached to this solution, if there's another option, I'm open to that.

But if I have to use a flow, my main question is: how can I get the flow to access a specific row via Get Rows when I always get an error stating that I am locked out of the document?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-zhos-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi TGPDenver,

According to you description, you want to send an email to the person who has submitted a form at your front desk.

The problem is you want to get a specific row, I suggest you to use the Get a row action.

I have made a test for you on my side, shown as below:

3.png4.png

Best Regards,

Zhongys

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhos-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi TGPDenver,

According to you description, you want to send an email to the person who has submitted a form at your front desk.

The problem is you want to get a specific row, I suggest you to use the Get a row action.

I have made a test for you on my side, shown as below:

3.png4.png

Best Regards,

Zhongys

View solution in original post

Awesome, that fixed it. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I don't know if that is the solution, but at least I had that problem "423". At first I had the file only "on-line" in SharePoint and also I tried on OneDrive. But those folders wasn't sync with my PC. 

I tried in one SharePoint Folder sync with my computer and the same Flow works, then I sync the folder where it was the original file and works too.

Hope help you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (34,523)