cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABoyNamedSue
Helper I
Helper I

Excel Table: No Row Found with ID. Flow creates new ID which does not exist.

I have had problems with this flow since February 2022. I have searched, reached out to Microsoft via my IT team and rebuilt it more times than I would like to count. I have posted in Power Automate Building Flows forum and Power Bi Getting Help with Power Bi forum.

What it is supposed to do...read a column which I have given case numbers via a Fill Down Series in Excel and update if conditions are met. 

What is randomly does....create numbers in the column is reads and says that number is not found in a row.

Here is the Excel file:

ABoyNamedSue_0-1668016551868.jpeg

What the Power Query looks like:

ABoyNamedSue_1-1668016601523.jpeg

The flow:

ABoyNamedSue_2-1668016662884.jpeg

The Flow Button and the table:

ABoyNamedSue_3-1668016727269.jpeg

And the failure: 

ABoyNamedSue_4-1668016788414.jpeg

I need a resolution for this problem. Please help! @jaideepnema @Pstork1 

2 REPLIES 2
Koen5
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Dear ABoyNamedSue,

I am reading your problem with interest, also because I do not see why this should not work.

Could you please elaborate a bit on your phrase "What is randomly does....create numbers in the column is reads and says that number is not found in a row.".

• Could you step by step spell out what you see in which field and when?
  • I assume that you use the case ID as unique identifyer for the row, correct?
  • Does the flow actually change the ID in the row?
  • Is the data actually changed or can the flow not find the ID (but the data in the sheet is correct)?

Initial suggestions to consider:

• I would not let excel create any ID's and not use case ID as row identifyer. I would let power Automate create a unique ID with guid() to ensure that different data-functions as completely seperate.
  • If there is a short time between creation of a row and trying to work with the row (read/update), this can cause issues. Suggest to build in a delay ... and make it big (3min) first ... to see if this works, then you know where the problem lies and can work around it.

Thank you,

Koen

ABoyNamedSue
Helper I
Helper I

To answer your questions @Koen5 

• Could you step by step spell out what you see in which field and when? 
    • I'm not sure how to better spell out step by step of what is occurring that what I already have done. When reviewing the flow, it is when I find all of the failures. The maddening thing is there are some of the rows which works as it should. The best example I have is when I select show as table in Power Bi. It is one of the above images. As you can see, the numbers change. 
  • I assume that you use the case ID as unique identifier for the row, correct?
    • Yes
  • Does the flow actually change the ID in the row?
    • I don't think so but again with the flow shown as a table the number in the row changes.
  • Is the data actually changed or can the flow not find the ID (but the data in the sheet is correct)?
    • The flow cannot find the ID.

There is not a creation of a row in the flow but an update of a row. Because of the failures with no ID, it does not get to the delay to refresh the dataset. 

In the same flow, below is a screen shot of one which did not fail.

ABoyNamedSue_0-1668443846697.png

This is the reason why I cannot comprehend why it works sometimes. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,870)