cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel file is locked by another User Error in flow

In my flow i have updating a excel template using flow which is stored in sharepoint document library.

When flow runs it throw error that the file is locked by another user even though it is not.

in flow i mention to check in the document but after it update the excel it will check in the excel and gives the same error .

Could you please find the solution how could the file locked error can be handle.

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @saaleullo 

Thi sgenerally happens when the excel sheet is open in an EDIT mode in any of your browsers tabs or on another users tab who has access to the file. Can you confirm that the excel is not open in any of your tabs? You can try closing the current browser window and start a fresh session as this might be due to a caching problem too. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

I can confirm that the file is not open in any browser or in my system anywhere.

But still it gives the error as file is locked.

@saaleullo 

Can you try deleting the current connection to excel online and create a new one and try again?

The flow locks the excel file. 

I've this bug reported for a long time and MS never looked into it.

You may try a workaround there're at least 2 i saw working.

One of them is to create a new flow running in a 4h delay or inside the current flow create a delay 4h, will be enough for the excel file gets unlocked.

Hope it helps, if so please mark as a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (6,939)