cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute flow from OnSave property?

I am trying to execute a flow from the OnSave property of the sharepointintegration piece of a customized form.  I know my syntax is correct, and the flow works if I test it (manually triggering).   Are you not able to trigger a flow from the sharepointintegrations properties?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Execute flow from OnSave property?

Fixed it.  In the OnSuccess property, I put the invocation after the reset of the form.  Once I put the invocation at the top, it ran like it was supposed to.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @lumberjacklurch ,

Do you want to trigger your flow when a new item is created in list?

It seems that you are using customized form, is it the default SharePoint form or a custom form created in PowerApps?

I am not familiar with “SharePoint Ingegrations properties”, could you share more info on this part?

Btw, if possible, please share a screenshot on your flow.

I have made a simple flow likes below, whenever a new item is created via either the default form or customized PowerApps form, the flow will be triggered successfully.

1.PNG

Please share more info to help reproduce this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yamao-msft 

I am trying to trigger the flow from PowerApps.  So, I have the trigger for the flow set to PowerApps (see screenshots).

The SharePointIntegration piece is unique to customized forms (as far as I'm aware), and can be seen in the tree view.

SPIss.png

It has a few properties that you can put code into: 

Datasource (your form)

OnCancel

OnEdit

OnNew

OnSave

OnView

I am trying to trigger the flow from the OnSave property.  So if a user creates a new item, and clicks Save.  The flow should run.  I also put it into the OnSuccess property of the form that is submitted when a new item is created.  So, technically, the flow SHOULD be running twice.

Here are the screenshots of my flow.

FlowIssueSS1.pngFlowIssueSS2.png

Fixed it.  In the OnSuccess property, I put the invocation after the reset of the form.  Once I put the invocation at the top, it ran like it was supposed to.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,736)