cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DennisWOlson
Regular Visitor

ExecutePassThroughNativeQueryAsync

Hello!

I've built a flow that is trying to execute SQL through a data gateway and it's failing with a "ExecutePassThroughNativeQueryAsync" exception. I can't seem to find documentation on what this is. Is this a misconfiguration of SQL Server? Is there a setting I'm missing in the data gateway? Is a raw SQL statement illegal to pass at all?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

--Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the info, Kris.

I did vote for it. You'd think if the mechanism wasn't supported it wouldn't be displayed as an option when a data gateway is specified.

I appreciate your time! Thanks again!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DennisWOlson,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Further, could you please show a bit more about the error message?

The error message seems to tell us that there is something wrong with executing pass through native query asynchronous in Microsoft Flow. If you could share more details about your scenario, we could understand better and find solution for it.

In addition, please check and see if the following document is helpful in your scenario:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/native-client/features/performing-asynchro...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Screenshot_2017-11-14_08-46-39.pngScreenshot_2017-11-14_08-47-20.png

Kris, thank you for your reply!

Connection through the data gateway is functioning for other PowerBI projects we've done, connecting to the same database I'm targeting in this Flow. The canned SQL Server steps (i.e. "Get Rows" and such) function without error. However, sending an query containing SQL always fails. 

I've tried running it with and without the asynchronus pattern. I've also tried running it with and without a 5 minute timeout.

Is there any other information else that'd help to provide?

Hi @DennisWOlson,

The “Execute a SQL query” action is not supported in Microsoft Flow using an on-premises gateway connection currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please vote the idea in Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Support-quot-Execute-a-SQL-query-quot-action-through-...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the info, Kris.

I did vote for it. You'd think if the mechanism wasn't supported it wouldn't be displayed as an option when a data gateway is specified.

I appreciate your time! Thanks again!

View solution in original post

alexrigato_ita

In 2021 i noticed this issue is still remaining. The core of every business application are SQL queries, so it's a big limitation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Users online (1,690)