cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ezmeng
Regular Visitor

Existing flow not working, with Succeeded status but condition steps skipped

Hi,

I have just joined my current organisation and they have an existing Microsoft Flow to automate file transfer from Outlook to an on-prem data storage location.

Since I need to automate file transfer from a different email. What I did was, I edited the existing flow, by adding a new Outlook email in one of the conditions, then I saved it.

And I realised that all the jobs from today have stopped. Although the job status shows "Succeeded", when I actually opened the job, and expanded the Condition, I noticed that it was skipped. Please find the below screenshots. Much appreciated for any suggestions. Not sure if editing the existing flow has anything to do with the skipping problem.

Job history-Succeeded statusJob history-Succeeded statusCondition step was skippedCondition step was skipped

7 REPLIES 7
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@ezmeng 

can you please share screenshots of your flow steps?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Thanks, please find the screenshots, all the steps are existing. The only new thing I added, was a new email from Condition (From, Is Equal To, new email), please refer to screenshot 3

Overall.PNGoriginal mail box.PNGcondition.PNG

ezmeng
Regular Visitor

Problem solved after I removed the second email. But I think the root cause is that when you have more than 1 email added in the condition, you have to make sure all of them are ticked.

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@ezmeng 

Mira_Ghaly_0-1621513897429.png

Can you try OR?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I realised that, even when the checkboxs are ticked and saved. When I open the flow, they are unticked again. The flow didn't work even if I ticked both of them.

I had tried OR but it didn't work again. Although it does make sense for my use case:

When the file is either sent from email1 OR email2, drop the file to this location.

So to summarise, the condition only works when there is one row. It doesn't work anymore when there are multiple rows. 

Still under investigation.

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@ezmeng The problem is that you can't add from 2 emails with AND condition 

I have tried OR condition with 2 emails, still doesn't work.

SnipImage.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,214)