cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
abreen
New Member

Existing flows stopped running, but no error messages are present.

I have had 3 flows setup (since Aug 9th) to look for emails with a specific subject line and include an attachment (that then puts the attachment on the SharePoint and deletes the email). On Monday (11/29) around 2pm cst, the flow just stopped working. I am not getting any error messages, but it seems like the flow can't detect incoming emails into my outlook 365 account. So the flow is never being triggered to run.

I deleted the flows and deleted and re-added my connections and rebuilt the flows. But I can't seem to get the flows to find the items in my inbox (the flows are all timing out when a test is performed). I tried updating the flow to use when an email is flagged, but when testing I get an error message (Flow run timed out because the starting action was not performed. Please try again). I have added an image my existing flow for when an email arrives that I have been using since August with no problems until earlier this week.

Does anyone know why all of sudden flow can no longer see trigger actions (when email arrives & when an email is flagged) with in my Outlook 365 account? I have a screen shot of the being of my flow that is not being recognized by Outlook 365.
flow_example.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abreen
New Member

I thought that might be a possible reason too. But the subject line of the email hasn't changed.  When I re-setup the flows, I put the subject line in as received in the email from our vendor. 

I was able to find a way to get my flow started. I changed the email address that the vendor was sending the emails to. The emails were going to my Outlook 365 account, but our IT is aliasing that email for our division. When I changed the email address from my Outlook365 account to my aliased email domain the flow started working again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AnthonyAmador
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abreen 

 

For what you are describing, I suspect that something has probably changed in the Subject of the incoming emails or in the incoming email and that's why the flow is not firing, I would recommend that you check to see if you are filtering the email correctly. 

 

You can also try testing by creating a new flow and using the "when a new email arrived" trigger without any filter to see if the trigger is working properly. 

 

Let me know if that works. 

Regards.

Community Support Team - Anthony Amador

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

 

abreen
New Member

I thought that might be a possible reason too. But the subject line of the email hasn't changed.  When I re-setup the flows, I put the subject line in as received in the email from our vendor. 

I was able to find a way to get my flow started. I changed the email address that the vendor was sending the emails to. The emails were going to my Outlook 365 account, but our IT is aliasing that email for our division. When I changed the email address from my Outlook365 account to my aliased email domain the flow started working again.

View solution in original post

Glad to hear you figured out how to solve the problem. 

Please mark the thread as solved to help other users find it more quickly. 

Cheers. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (1,331)