cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vincentvillerey
Frequent Visitor

Export To File for Power BI Reports with multiple bookmarks and recipients

Hello everyone,

In the same workflow, I would like to send, for example, 5 emails to 5 recipients using the action "Export To File for Power BI Reports" with a bookmark so each recipient gets a customized data report. However, each time I used that action, they each received the same data report. I used the dynamic variable, named "content file" (see screenshot), but I haven't been able to send a customized data report to each recipient.

Could you please help me identify a solution?

Vincentvillerey_0-1634213690805.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bchager6
Helper I
Helper I

You need to specify the page and bookmark name within the Export To File for Power BI Reports step like so:

bchager6_0-1634849126730.png

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
bchager6
Helper I
Helper I

You need to specify the page and bookmark name within the Export To File for Power BI Reports step like so:

bchager6_0-1634849126730.png

Vincentvillerey
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @bchager6 !

My mistake was to use "bookmarkGuid=Bookmark...." instead of "Bookmark...". I will pay more intention in the future to little details.

Have a good day 🙂

@Vincentvillerey  can you please let me know if this works for you? I would also like to figure out how to export a specific visualization, but am not finding any documentation on how to do that.

Hi,

I tried it myself and i keep getting the ppt without the bookmark

Paragadi_0-1635273594664.png

@Paragadi  Are your bookmarks grouped together? It didn't work when mine were grouped together.

Hi.

My bookmarks weren't grouped

Paragadi_0-1635318809949.png

Paragadi

i put 2 items for two pages with one bookmark and i get  the same page filtered twice.

duplicate of the first page filtered correct

Eu estou com mesmo problema.

Hi 

I am following the same steps but I got this error any idea what is the reason 

melsaadawy_0-1664296959395.png

melsaadawy_1-1664297013930.png

Thanks

Yes @bchager6, it's work. Thank you very much 😉 !!!

Hi,

I'm not to understand you very well, but the philosophy is following: for each export, you have to use one PageName with one BookMark. You cannot use one PageName with another BookMark twice on the same export ; if you want to use a similar PageName, you can duplicate it on Power BI Desktop and get PageName and its BookMark.

Is it better now? 

melsaadawy
Regular Visitor

I am using a one-page name with one bookmark but it gives me an error message when I run the workflow "Export report with page names which does not exist in the report is not supported" However I copied the correct page name from the Power BI URL 

Vincentvillerey
Frequent Visitor

Hi @melsaadawy ,

It seems you have to be perfect with id of PageName and BookMark, look better chain character ; like this :

Vincentvillerey_0-1664357157802.png

Have a good day

RobertBotan

Hi,

Can someone help me with the following issue that I'm facing. I have a report in Power BI that's refresh every day. I'm interest in sending the mail based on the 19 value when it changes. So I created a metric in Power BI that tracks that value and when it changes I should receive the mail (logic) but I'm not receiving any email.

RobertBotan_1-1668434960696.png

RobertBotan_0-1668434867753.png

This is how it look like in power Automate

RobertBotan_2-1668435029157.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,187)