cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Extract all dollar amounts from text string

1. When receiving a new answer on a form, I would like to extract all dollar amounts from the multiple choice question. Then I want to sum those amounts and save the total it in a column of a sharepoint list

Specifically:

Question #16, multiple selection, asks to select books and each one includes its cost.

The resulting string for that question is as follows:

Savia Sociales 2 (Precio: $66.95);Savia Sociales-Cuaderno 2 (Precio: $29.95);Savia Ciencias 2 (Inglés) (Precio: $66.95);Con Buena Letra 2 (Precio: $21.60);Mi Primer Libro de Teoría y Solfeo Vol. 1 ($33.44);

I want to extract all prices $ and save the sum of all in a sharepoint item.

How can I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @keylama ,

If these numbers are enclosed in parentheses and separated by semicolons, then you can use them as split points and then extract them. Even if the number of them is not determined, it does not affect the use of the Split() function. In fact, this is no different from the method mentioned in the links I provided. Find the split point, and then extract the data.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @keylama ,

Please refer to these threads to extract data from text string:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Extracting-text-from-email/td-p/334919

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Extract-text-from-body-of-an-email-and-create-new...

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Just parse a string.

Highlighted

@v-bacao-msft 

Thanks for the reply. I've done this before.  My question comes specifically on how I get all amounts if I don't know how many they are.

If I misunderstood, my apologies.

Appreciated

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @keylama ,

If these numbers are enclosed in parentheses and separated by semicolons, then you can use them as split points and then extract them. Even if the number of them is not determined, it does not affect the use of the Split() function. In fact, this is no different from the method mentioned in the links I provided. Find the split point, and then extract the data.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (13,857)