cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maxbroglia
Regular Visitor

FLOW FROM MICROSOFT FORMS

Good Morning, 

I've created a form from Microsoft Forms that, when i compile a forms, send some Field of the form with outlook to specified Emails.

I've problem with the format of a Date Field that in the email is in the format yyyy/mm/dd but I want that the format il dd/mm/YYYY.

How I Can modify that format?

Tks a lot

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Maxbroglia,

Do you want to send the date value from the form as "dd/mm/YYYY" format to an email?

Here is a simple demo for you, please check as below.

vqiaqimsft_0-1662967843642.png

vqiaqimsft_1-1662967970309.png

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

Hi @Maxbroglia,

formatDateTime(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/rfa2bf6ccea4045649c1f594b718846af'],'dddd dd MMMM yyyy')

The easier solution is to use Microsoft translator. There’s an action ‘Microsoft Translator V2‘ that allows you to connect to the Microsoft Translator and translate any text (including dates).

vqiaqimsft_0-1663208878118.png

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

In your flow add a Compose action, click in it and go to the expression tab of the dynamic content box and

• either today's date with formatDateTime(utcNow(),'dd/MM/yyyy') 
  • or the date from a date in your form with formatDateTime(select the question from the dynamic content box tab),'dd/MM/yyyy') 

The in your email, where you want the date select the outputs of that compose from the dynamic content box.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

I'm Sorry but i Don't understand what I've to do.

The date in the form is not Today Date but a Date inserted in the form.

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Maxbroglia,

Do you want to send the date value from the form as "dd/mm/YYYY" format to an email?

Here is a simple demo for you, please check as below.

vqiaqimsft_0-1662967843642.png

vqiaqimsft_1-1662967970309.png

Best Regards,
Qi

Excuse me...but there is what I see in My Flow

Maxbroglia_0-1663146910851.png

Hi @Maxbroglia,

Could you please just explain this in English?

I think I have clarified that how I get the date field from my form response and you should compare it with that in your scenario.

The screenshot you provided does nothing format with the field you selected from the dynamic content.

Best Regards,
Qi

Excuse me, now I Understand, that is my code:

formatDateTime(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/rfa2bf6ccea4045649c1f594b718846af'],'dd/MM/yyyy')

If I want to apply these format of date also to other field how can I do?

If I Want to have the format date as (Type) Monday 2 June 2022 how can I modify the format dd/MM/yyyy?

Thanks a lot

dddd dd MMMM yyyy

Tks a lot

These is my code...

formatDateTime(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/rfa2bf6ccea4045649c1f594b718846af'],'dd/MM/yyyy')

If I want to apply these format of date also to other field how can I do?

Ok, Sorry but i'm not expert.... Now I've al the fields of data in the correct format..... last question...is there a system to have the name of the Day (Ex. Monday) in Italian an not in English?

Tks a lot

Hi @Maxbroglia,

formatDateTime(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/rfa2bf6ccea4045649c1f594b718846af'],'dddd dd MMMM yyyy')

The easier solution is to use Microsoft translator. There’s an action ‘Microsoft Translator V2‘ that allows you to connect to the Microsoft Translator and translate any text (including dates).

vqiaqimsft_0-1663208878118.png

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,899)