cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ernest_Campos
Frequent Visitor

FLOW should trigger when email received, instead only runs later in batches

Hi there, 

I have a FLOW running 24x7 triggered by incoming emails. If criteria are met, it will create an Item in a SharePoint list. This List is a Live Outage Tracker. 

Everything was running fine until Sunday morning, around 2:49 am. incoming emails are not triggering the FLOW immediately, instead, it eventually runs and processes all the email at that time. Nothing was changed and when I try to submit a test, the circle just goes around until it times out. 

I attached a screenshot of the runs to show what I mean about the running in the batches part. 

I have deleted and re-added the trigger, but that did not fix the issue. 

Capture.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ernest_Campos ,

Please try to create a new Flow and check if the same issue still exists.

I could not produce the same issue on my side currently. 

5.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JakobDahl
Helper I
Helper I

I'm also experiencing this problem with one of my flows triggered by incoming mail.

Hi @v-bacao-msft , thanks for looking into this.

I created a new flow, to trigger when email comes in, and post a message in TEAMS.

Same issue. It batched 4 emails.

The main FLOW that we first noticed the issue is back on hourly batches.

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Investigation on my side points to some change made by Microsoft. In the past there were issues causing error code 429. and throttling issues affecting Australia and NZ.

@JakobDahldid this start at the same time for you?

@Ernest_Campos 
No, this has been going on for a while now, and i reside in Europe. 😊

Ernest_Campos
Frequent Visitor

I have just tested with both When an email is received V2 and V3. Same issue on both.

@v-bacao-msftin an previous post, <https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/When-a-new-email-arrives-V3-not-triggerin...> you recommended the user to reach out to support.

When I go there it sends me here.

would you happen to know the outcome of that issue?

Hi @Ernest_Campos ,

Thank you for your reply.

We recommend you to contact support to assist you with this issue.

It seems that this involves tenant and region, I can't reproduce similar problems in my tenant and region, so it's hard to find out the outcome of the issue.

If there is a wide range of service fluctuations and many users have been affected, we can generally reproduce a similar issue and report it. But if it is a problem that occurs among individual tenants, I am afraid it is difficult to help you solve the problem at the service level.

Have you tried opening a ticket to solve your problem? Maybe this will solve your problem more effectively.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Issue self-Resolved between 8:58 PM and 9:12 pm last night.

No idea what caused or what fixed the issue.

I did not get to open a case with Microsoft.

@JakobDahl, i curious to know if yours is working as well now.

Capture.PNG

@Ernest_Campos 
I've just tested it, and there's a 2 min delay from when the mail arrives till the flow triggers.

What's the delay on your end?

@JakobDahl practically triggering immediately, whereas yesterday it could take up to an hour when it would batch all the emails within that last your.

Whatever was wrong, Microsoft must have figured it out and fixed the issue.

Maybe it is a temporary issue and glad it has been fixed.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (29,920)