Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelgeNorvang
Advocate III
Advocate III

Fetch current item's permission groups

Hi,

I am creating a document approval flow with a few customizations based off of my client's requirements.

Now, in order to start a approval action - I need to fetch the permission groups for the document being processed. I have a bunch of Groups that have been assigned permissions in a document library - each folder in the library basically has a corresponding security group (unique permissions).

But, for now, I just need to figure out how to get these groups.

Does anybody know how to?

Thanks for any help 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@HelgeNorvang-

Retrieving the permissions on a list item is not natively support ing Flow - there is no action that will do what you want.  However, you should be able to find the permissions on a list item by using the SharePoint REST API in your Flow.

Here are some links that should help you get there:

Serge Luca Blog on using Flow to set SharePoint permissions

User, Groups and Roles API reference

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thanks for your reply.

So, I believe I have managed to find a REST call that gives me the response body I need:
/_api/web/lists/getbytitle('TheDocuments)/items(0)?$expand=RoleAssignments/Member/Users

Now I have to parse this response body - probably using the Parse JSON action. I'm stuck here. I don't know what the Schema for the Parse JSON action should be.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,645)