Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Fetching corresponding value of an item for an approval workflow

Hi Flow users,

I need some help implementing the below scenario-

Things i have for the flow-

1. A SP library with multiple reports. The flow is triggered on a selected file.

2. A SP senders list containing two persons field for each item- Contributor and Manager.

3. A SP Status update list, which marks the status of report updates from both manager and contributors though the flow.

The workflow- The report from (1) is send to Contributors from (2) for updates. Once they update, they need to send it for review to the corresponding manager for review. I've used- 'Start and Wait for approval' action with custom response- 'Send for review'.

I have populated the Contributors to a string variable and able to send the mail (to contributors) for updates.

How do i get the corresponding Manager for each contributor, so that i can trigger another approval flow for review? Can i use a Object or Array variable to store both the contributor and manager. If so, can anyone please help me on how that needs to be implemented. Any other ways to do this?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Fetching corresponding value of an item for an approval workflow

Hi @kevingeorget 

After the approval action for contributor is complete (send for review), you can query the SP senders list to fetch the corresponding Manager adn create the approval task

You can use the getitems action to fetch the manager

It would be easier to provide more information if you could add a screenshot of your current flow and show the next step where you need help

Hi @Tamras 

There is also a new action in Flow called "Create New Folder" which would not require any rest api complexities

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

Hi @Tamras 

There is also a new action in Flow called "Create New Folder" which would not require any rest api complexities

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @kevingeorget 

After the approval action for contributor is complete (send for review), you can query the SP senders list to fetch the corresponding Manager adn create the approval task

You can use the getitems action to fetch the manager

It would be easier to provide more information if you could add a screenshot of your current flow and show the next step where you need help

Hi @Tamras 

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

Hi @Tamras 

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@RezaDorrani

Thanks for the quick response.

I think you have fully understood my requirement. Let me try that. Will keep you posted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (8,280)