cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

File Properties for pdf will not update in Power Automate

Hi!

I have a Power Automate Flow and it will update file properties for Excel and Word but not for PDF files.  I have tried everything and still nothing.  I saw a post, but the thoughts there did not solve problem either.  Anyone else have this issue?  Please list step by step on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

@Anonymous

6 REPLIES 6
IP
Regular Visitor

Can you give us a bit more detail?  Maybe a screen shot of the expanded update action and some detail about the properties you're trying to update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please see below.  We Get file content, then Create file and the Excel and Word properties in SharePoint Online update, but whenever it's a pdf file the file gets created in SharePoint Online, but none of the file properties are updated.  I have tried update properties after create file, but that did not work either.  I find it strange that Excel and Word works, but pdf file does not.  I have researched and tried delays and that did not work.  I'm at a loss any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Cks112974_1-1624537593577.png

IP
Regular Visitor

Which properties are you expecting to be updated?  Is there more to the flow - actions that should be making those properties change?  I'm not sure I understand the exact problem. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copying one file from a Library in SharePoint Online to another Library.  The actions that make the property updates is the create file so it brings over the file and the following data for Excel and Word.  This is the SharePoint List and it carries over the file to the Name, but the Responsible Party, Witness and Atty it does not bring those properties over for a pdf file, but does on Excel and Word file.  That is my issue.  

Cks112974_0-1624539829369.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out and it's working, I had to do a work around but it's working.  

Sledg

Could you explain how you solved it, I'm experiencing the same issue as you are?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,790)