Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
douglas07
Regular Visitor

Fill fields in Jira via e-mail receved in outlook

Hi,

I am trying to create a flow wich:

When i reveived a e-mail in outlook, he to create a issue in jira and fill some fields with data of body of e-mail, for example: "Name", "E-mail", "Start date", "Due Date"...

This e-mail will send of a other software, wich i am control the format of the body and create a standart.

This flow is possible?

7 REPLIES 7
VJR
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @douglas07 

Yes creating a Jira ticket from an incoming email is possible.

The fields in the body of the email should have some kind of a structured format.

If you need a start, go to the Templates section and search for Jira. You will get several pre-built templates using Jira. Probably you could take a little assistance from the template called "Create an issue in Jira for a flagged email".

-------------------------------------------
Help fellow beings find relevant posts.
Upvote to a supporting response.
Mark as solution to an answer.

douglas07
Regular Visitor

Hi @VJR , Thanks for the feedback.

I tried to use this template, but I understood that with it I can define the fields that will always be filled in the same way. for example, in the image below, if I put "name" : "Douglas", every task created turns with the field Name = Douglas, but what I wanted is for the power automate to look for this data in the body of the email.image.png

In this case, the email would always come in this format:

Client name: -------
Email: ------
Telephone: ---------
Start date: --------
Due date: ----------

VJR
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @douglas07 

As I mentioned the Templates was just as a starting point to begin with and will not give everything you are looking for in the requirements. 🙂

You will need to 

- Read the body of the incoming email

- Using string functions (like Text action or Expressions) extract the actual value of client name from the string Client name: -------

- Then use that result inside the Jira action.

This will always dynamically use any client name that is present in the incoming email and create the ticket according to that client.

douglas07
Regular Visitor

Great @VJR !

This is the point, I have not been able to use these functions to search for data that will constantly change. I can search for data that will always be in the email, such as "phone", but I couldn't create a code to search for your answer, which will change with each email.

VJR
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @douglas07 

You can take a look at the solution given in the below post

Using a flow to extract email body details

The inputs are similar to what you need so this should help.

douglas07
Regular Visitor

Hi @VJR ,

Thanks for the help, i don't no if this flow work it with Jira but he do wich i need.

VJR
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @douglas07 

Yes it will work.

You extract the strings as mentioned in the other post (Using a flow to extract email body details)

Then pass those to the Jira.

Post back with what you've got so far so that myself or anyone else might be able to help you achieve that

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,922)