cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NGN1
Regular Visitor

Filtering Data and adding filtered data to Excel Table

Hello,

I have a sharepoint list in which I would like to pull specific data from that list and add it on an Excel Table.

NGN1_0-1640934123918.png

What I would Like to do is to pull the rows from the list whenever the plant type says "Pellet" and create a row in an Excel Table. Once this happens, I would also like the flow to check if the ID number exists in the excel table so that if I need to update the list, it can update the existing row in Excel and not create a new row.

NGN1_1-1640934387455.png

This is my Flow

NGN1_2-1640934423045.png

The Excel table is called "IncomingPellets"

NGN1_3-1640934524483.png

NGN1_4-1640934580686.png

NGN1_5-1640934601655.png

At the moment the flow drops "pellet" and "Teen" data from the list into the "IncomingPellets" table and updates without creating duplicates. I am just not sure what else to include into the flow so that only the "pellet" items drop into the table.

I am fairly new to automated flows and have been stuck on this for days so please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NGN1,

I think you should add another condition to check if the current item has a planting type with "pellet".

Please just add a condition as below and it will only run based on it:

vqiaqimsft_1-1641182515556.png

vqiaqimsft_0-1641182419904.png

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NGN1
Regular Visitor

Update:

I added an array above the first array to filter data only containing the text "pellet. The flow now adds and updates pellets into the correct table. The issue now is that "Teen" still flows and duplicates. This has something to do with my condition where I say if the array is empty, add a row. Since I am filtering the data, whenever I update a teen row, the flow creates a new row. How can I fix this to where it does not add to the table?

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NGN1,

I think you should add another condition to check if the current item has a planting type with "pellet".

Please just add a condition as below and it will only run based on it:

vqiaqimsft_1-1641182515556.png

vqiaqimsft_0-1641182419904.png

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,033)