cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Find Files in Folder by Path - Returns Empty Body

Hello,

I have a flow that sends an approval email with the link of a file to a supervisor.

It works sometimes perfectly, but sometimes dont.

Sometimes the link isnt on the email, i had a few complains and when i saw the flow, i notice that sometimes the Find files in Folder by path the body is empty (like you can see on the image below)

VGoncalves_4-1611307776620.png

I went to check with a few users that send the approval email and the users, that gave this error, have the file on the folder. 

And i can't see any pattern for this to be happening...

As anyone have any idea why is this happening?

The flow goes like this:

First i initialize a variable, then find the files, then with the apply to each create a share link with the folder founded and then set the variable with said link

And is the variable i put on the email

VGoncalves_5-1611307814808.png

Can someone help understanding why is this happening?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

@Johnnyg 

I just had an epiphany while doing a test, i just had the file deleted from my computer, and then went to the app, i was super fast because i just had to do "next" on the app (all the data as already filled), and send the approval email and the link wasnt on the email!

And i understood! I was too fast. The link that i been having problems, its the last file the app creates before sending the approval email.

The email is sending faster than the file is created, thats the reason. I have to make some waiting time before sending the email to give time to the file be created.

Is it possible do a action so the flow waits a few seconds before starting?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi VGoncalves,

Have you checked whether the file exists in your mentioend path? It should return null if there's nothing here in you path and I think you could add one condition to confirm whether the file content is null.
If your file exist while still get null value, please try with another action like find files in folder to see whether other OneDrive connectors work as expected. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Johnnyg

The user as the file created on his folder. 

I can try and change the action to the "find files in folder"...

I really dont understand why is this happening, i have another link on the this flow, and works perfectly.

Frequent Visitor

@Johnnyg 

I just had an epiphany while doing a test, i just had the file deleted from my computer, and then went to the app, i was super fast because i just had to do "next" on the app (all the data as already filled), and send the approval email and the link wasnt on the email!

And i understood! I was too fast. The link that i been having problems, its the last file the app creates before sending the approval email.

The email is sending faster than the file is created, thats the reason. I have to make some waiting time before sending the email to give time to the file be created.

Is it possible do a action so the flow waits a few seconds before starting?

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (20,478)