cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brooketucci

First Approval Process Decision Triggers Second Approval Process Flow

Hello, is it possible to have a 2 step approval process where the second approval trigger email would be sent once the first approval email was approved?  Please let me know. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That doesn't require a seperate Flow.  All you need to do is wait for the first approval to come back and then use a condition to check the Outcome.  If its equal to 'Approve' then send the second Approval.  Otherwise just do what you need to do for a rejection and exit the flow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You can easily build that into one flow.  Is there a particular reason why you want to break it up into two flows?  It can be done, but would probably be easiest to do with HTTP, which would require premium licensing.

Yes, it must be two separate flows because the second one can only be sent if the first one was approved.  Do you have an example shot of how to build this type of flow? Thanks!

That doesn't require a seperate Flow.  All you need to do is wait for the first approval to come back and then use a condition to check the Outcome.  If its equal to 'Approve' then send the second Approval.  Otherwise just do what you need to do for a rejection and exit the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,245)