cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joacrabt

Flow Approval Email - No Buttons

Hello,

I haven't been able to find anything for the error I'm getting, so I thought I'd try here.

I have a Form tied to a Flow. Once a user fills out my Form, the Flow takes the Form response and sends an approval email. If the request is approved, the flow then creates a new team in MS Teams. I'm getting the error below in Outlook:

image.png

When I click the 'show original message' error above, only then do I get the 'approve' or 'reject' buttons that I'm accustomed to seeing.
image.png
I'm not certain why this approval is being treated differently. Can someone please assist?

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @joacrabt ,

Yes, as @Pstork1 said, teh request is sent to the 'UC Team Automation' accout, although you have the have permission to the mailbox, you couldn't make response to the request.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Is UCTeam.Automation a group, DL, shared mailbox, or an individual user?  Approvals at this point only work with individual user mailboxes in a semicolon delimited list.  I suspect you are using a group or a shared mailbox.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Pstork1 

It's a user mailbox, however, I have given myself 'full access' delegate permissions to the mailbox. Could that be causing an issue when I view the approval?

image.png

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

That would be why you are getting the message you are getting.  The Approval is assigned to the person who owns the mailbox, so the request isn't actually assigned to you.  But since you have permission to the mailbox you are able to respond if you click through to the email rather than the action card.  That all makes sense if you are a delegate with permissions, but not the owner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Pstork1 

Thank you so much for explaining this! Smiley Happy

That would make sense that because technically the 'UC Team Automation' accout is the owner and that my personal account is only viewing it.

Hi @joacrabt ,

Yes, as @Pstork1 said, teh request is sent to the 'UC Team Automation' accout, although you have the have permission to the mailbox, you couldn't make response to the request.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,391)