Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dixus
Advocate I
Advocate I

Flow Execution Time inconsistent

Hi,

i use a flow that iterates over a result from an api. I know that flow must run some kind of "Sleep() commands" during the execution, because some flows run several hours now. It is very hard to investigate this. As well it's nearly impossible to optimize this behavior, because of missing information (e.g. about environment statistics that should warn if limits are exceeded ).

So my first question is: Does power automate slow down flows that use some more steps?

If yes, how is this explained? This shows the duration of one single element (usually this outer each has about 1.000 entries..
The flow ran about 40 seconds (as the outer apply to each shows). But the single steps run all in nearly 0 seconds. Ony one step ran 2s. So what explains this behavior? Where or by what are this additional 38 seconds consumed?

Anmerkung 2020-04-24 164723.png
Kind regards,
Holger

1 REPLY 1
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @dixus  this kind of "normally" see somethimes flow calculates the flow per action create but in some cases when you run a flow some actions get different seconds event when you know for example that are runing more quick, don't worry this don't  affect your flow performance

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,205)