cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanilk
Regular Visitor

Flow Failing at Export To File for Paginated Reports

Hi @CST ,

All our flows are failing from this morning at this  Export To File for Paginated Reports  step. Are there any changes Microsoft rolled since yesterday night ?  Everything was working until last night. The error message return is added below for your reference.  Can someone please check and update what needs to be done?

"body": {
"error": {
"code": "InvalidRequest",
"message": "Only an admin of every workspace containing a dataset used in this report can export paginated reports with an effective identity"
}
}
}

Thanks,

Anil Kumar

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a word with Microsoft Support team. They rolled out an update which caused this issue. According to the technician 281 clients of Microsoft are affected so far. The backend team is aware of this issue and working on rolling the update back to fix this issue.

BriceB
Frequent Visitor

I discovered the same issue today 1st of Feb 2022- Can we please have any feedback from Microsoft?

ac330u
Frequent Visitor

The backend team from Microsoft is going to fix this issue for all 281 clients or the backend team from your company only?

meeshmeesh

Having this issue as well.

rjhale
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I only started seeing this problem as of this morning.  I had several processes run as expected last night (1/31/2022) that use this functionality, and the account associated with the Power BI action was only a Contributor of the workspace.  I gave that account Admin access after seeing the error this morning, and that fixed the problem.  Obviously, we don't want this account to retain Admin access to the workspace, so it would be nice to know what Microsoft is doing to resolve the permissions issue.  

Thank you. 

ac330u
Frequent Visitor

Just got off the phone with Microsoft (had to open a ticket directly).. It appears that this was impacted after their recent update for that particular connector (per the below 1/27/2022 article). Apparently in the new update, it is not allowed to use "Power BI" as a Dataset.. Which is clearly a mistake as Paginated Reports "IS" part of Power BI and in fact the first "Recommended" Dataset when building a paginated report inside of Report Builder, hence the reason it seems to be generating a BadGateway error 502. I recorded all network and console activity (browser trace) while replicating the issue and sent all of our flow information. They are going to attempt to roll back part of the update relating to Power BI as a dataset (fingers crossed).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/export-paginated-report#considerations-...

Futumpch1
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here 503 gateway error when using flow to generate a paginated report on the power bi service. Data set is in a non premium area.

Paginated report runs fine in the power bi service. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

For all affected clients.

FundaOzmen

I have the same trouble. We changed permission to admin but we have still had same "Only an admin of every workspace containing a dataset used in this report can export paginated reports with an effective identity" exception. Microsoft PowerBI team, please help about this issue!

JulianaD
Frequent Visitor

Successful workaround: 

1) Add the dataset owner to your flow as a flow owner.

2) Use their connection: Have the dataset owner edit the flow, in all cards/actions for 'Export file for paginated report', click on the ellipses, add new connection (add their connection, set it to their connection), save. 

I had 3 scheduled flows fail on Feb 1, all on card 'Export file for paginated report', with error message 'Only an admin of every workspace containing a dataset used in this report can export paginated reports with an effective identity'. I did the above steps and then they all ran successfully.
Though, I suppose this would only work if you are using one dataset or if the owner is the same for all the datasets. 

Cheers, 

Juliana Donkersgoed

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case I am the owner of the dataset and flow is created by me too. Also, connections are made using my credentials. Flow still fails, unfortunately.

Futumpch1
Frequent Visitor

Yes I have just tried thia and failed :(.

Have a teams meeting with customer support later lets see what happens.

Futumpch1
Frequent Visitor

fix is rollying out today (NA) and EU tomorrow.

Fingers crossed

Great News. Please let us know if this issue resolves for you.

ATK

Our flow is working today. Thanks everyone!

Our flows started working this morning as well. 

ac330u
Frequent Visitor

Our flows started working again 🙂 

SchafeCa
Regular Visitor

Hi we are in Australia having same issue is there  an update when the expected rollout for this region may occur hoping this will resolve our issues 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

For Australia Region, flows are still not working. So, I am guessing the rollback has not taken place yet. I will try and get in touch with Microsoft Technician today and find out more on this.

It is working for Australia as well (for me)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (3,667)