Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navaidm
Helper II
Helper II

Flow- One drive- Copy vs replace

Hi All

Refer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data

One drive requires UPLOAD and REPLACE to refresh PBi.

Flow apparently COPIES OVER the existing file which according to the referred article looses one drive refresh.

Is it possible to upload and replace files in onedrive for business from power automate.

Stay home, keep your loved ones safe

13 REPLIES 13
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

@navaidm  shure you can if you upload by url

yes.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

@ChristianAbata Tnx for the reply.

Tried but flow fails. File path or folder not found.

First I check email and save attachments to "transfer" folder in onedrive using "create" file action.

Flow works fine upto this point.

Then I try to upload to final folder in onedrive using your suggestion as follows.

I copied the path using  excel / info/copy path (works well with power queries and Bi)

Source file in "upload to URL"

https://xxxxx-my.sharepoint.com/personal/yyyyyyy/Documents/Transfer/EYEng%20TR%20Detail.csv

Destination file 

https://xxxxx-my.sharepoint.com/personal/yyyyyyy/Documents/Reports/EYEng%20TR%20Detail.csv

flow1.PNGflow2.PNG

ok @navaidm  please could you show me what do you have inside UploadTr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

flow3.PNG

@navaidm  see this example, What you need to add into destination file path the name of an existing folder and then at the end the filename with extention.

upload.PNG

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata Tnx. (Couldn't find any help or article on google with upload to url)

I changed flow as you recommended 

flow6.PNG

Error changed. Now it says forbidden

It is my account.

flow4.PNGflow5.PNG

hi @navaidm  the folder report exist?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata 

Yes, Please Refer screen shot

flow7.PNG

flow8.PNG

@navaidm please could you copy and paste your url file in a new tap to see if you are redirected to your file or not. Just to know if you can access to the file.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Copied from flow and pasted in new TAb. File downloaded

@navaidm the url file is from the file previusly created right? so please try to use the file identifier of the previous creation file to add it into your source url. 

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata  I am not sure I understand.

How do I get the previous file? 
File is replaced each time the flow runs. The Source URL remains the same. The destination file remains the same.

The previous file has been overwritten.

@ChristianAbata I saved the file in share point Document folder. Then tried uploading to Onedrive. Still forbidden.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (49,911)