cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laurence73
Frequent Visitor

Flow & SQL Server "rate limit exceeded"

Hi all

I have a Flow that runs daily to synch a SQL Server database with a list in SharePoint 365. The tables have over 5000 rows. I sometimes receieve an error that breaks the entire flow saying "rate limit exceeded, please try again in 130 seconds". This completely wrecks the process and puts the tables out of synch. I have tried to put a Delay timer of 5 seconds before each row update but this did not help.

What can I do to stop this happening?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Laurence73,

It seems that it is a current limitation, please see this doc about “Limits and configuration in Microsoft Flow”:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/limits-and-config/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Laurence73,

It seems that it is a current limitation, please see this doc about “Limits and configuration in Microsoft Flow”:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/limits-and-config/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks Mabel - appreciate the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please tell me which limit in this document triggers the referenced error ?

Thanks !
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you please let us know which limit in the doc triggers the referenced error ?

Thanks

When is this limit going to be lifted. I am using a "When item is created" trigger from Azure DevOps. If the Flow cannot keep up with me adding new elements to a project plan by hand, then what good is it? I'm not entering at machine speed (through some insert query or import), I'm entering at simple user speed. One per 10 to 20 seconds. I'm even paying for the premium Flow subscription which gives "every 60 second evaluation time". But with a 120 second max run frequency, I'm losing a lot of data - forcing me to delete objects and re-create them. This is ludacrous. 

@Paul21CP did you ever figure out a way to deal with limit, I have a Flow for DevOps connector that is creating different work items and when I open to edit it won't let me access the DevOps objects. They all fire in different branches, but that apparently not sufficient.

@EdPearson5 No, I have not solved the problem yet. I have a contact at Microsoft doing some research to find a "Flow" support engineer who can help address the issue. I'll post here when I get an answer.

Sounds good. If I found anything I will post as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Paul21CP wrote:

@EdPearson5 No, I have not solved the problem yet. I have a contact at Microsoft doing some research to find a "Flow" support engineer who can help address the issue. I'll post here when I get an answer.

@Paul21CP 
Did you ever get a response?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,497)