Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Laurence73
Level: Powered On

Flow & SQL Server "rate limit exceeded"

Hi all

I have a Flow that runs daily to synch a SQL Server database with a list in SharePoint 365. The tables have over 5000 rows. I sometimes receieve an error that breaks the entire flow saying "rate limit exceeded, please try again in 130 seconds". This completely wrecks the process and puts the tables out of synch. I have tried to put a Delay timer of 5 seconds before each row update but this did not help.

What can I do to stop this happening?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow & SQL Server "rate limit exceeded"

Hi Laurence73,

It seems that it is a current limitation, please see this doc about “Limits and configuration in Microsoft Flow”:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/limits-and-config/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Laurence73,

It seems that it is a current limitation, please see this doc about “Limits and configuration in Microsoft Flow”:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/limits-and-config/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Laurence73

Thanks Mabel - appreciate the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please tell me which limit in this document triggers the referenced error ?

Thanks !
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you please let us know which limit in the doc triggers the referenced error ?

Thanks
Paul21CP
Level: Power Up

When is this limit going to be lifted. I am using a "When item is created" trigger from Azure DevOps. If the Flow cannot keep up with me adding new elements to a project plan by hand, then what good is it? I'm not entering at machine speed (through some insert query or import), I'm entering at simple user speed. One per 10 to 20 seconds. I'm even paying for the premium Flow subscription which gives "every 60 second evaluation time". But with a 120 second max run frequency, I'm losing a lot of data - forcing me to delete objects and re-create them. This is ludacrous. 

EdPearson5

@Paul21CP did you ever figure out a way to deal with limit, I have a Flow for DevOps connector that is creating different work items and when I open to edit it won't let me access the DevOps objects. They all fire in different branches, but that apparently not sufficient.

Paul21CP
Level: Power Up

@EdPearson5 No, I have not solved the problem yet. I have a contact at Microsoft doing some research to find a "Flow" support engineer who can help address the issue. I'll post here when I get an answer.

EdPearson5

Sounds good. If I found anything I will post as well.

Sam_Chapman

@Paul21CP wrote:

@EdPearson5 No, I have not solved the problem yet. I have a contact at Microsoft doing some research to find a "Flow" support engineer who can help address the issue. I'll post here when I get an answer.

@Paul21CP 
Did you ever get a response?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,722)