cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathanO
Level: Powered On

Flow appears to use account of PowerApps user, not the account used to add connector

I have a Flow that is triggered by PowerApps.  The flow sends an email from a Resource Mailbox to an email address passed into the Flow from PowerApps.

The email connector is "Send an email from a shared mailbox".  The connector works fine for anyone who has permissions to the RM, but fails for users who do not have permission.

The use case is that a user submits a claim through the PowerApp which calls the Flow to send an confirmation email.  The email needs to come from the RM so that the user can just reply back to provide more information to the team that manages the claims.

The error recieved for a user who does not have permission by their account is:

You are not authorized to perform this operation. This error can occur for sandbox (test) accounts or if OData operations are disabled by your Exchange server administrator.  

I thought that Flow would use the permissions of the account that added that connector, not tried to use the permissions of each PowerApp user.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow appears to use account of PowerApps user, not the account used to add connector

Hi @ jonathanO,

I agree with your ideals.

I have made a test recently, the send the email action would use the account of the user who run the flow instead of the account in the connection.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Flow appears to use account of PowerApps user, not the account used to add connector

Hello, @jonathanO!

Have you had a chance to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
jonathanO
Level: Powered On

I do not see any recommendation? Can you explain what the recommendation is?

Administrator
Administrator

Hi, @jonathanO!

I think @v-yuazh-msft was referring to a different "Send Email" action than the one that you were initially referring to. This however may not be the case, and if so, I apologize. 

@v-yuazh-msft, if you would please elaborate on whether or not you were specifying a different action in your reply, that would be appreciated. I think I may have interpreted your message wrong. Thanks!

Thank you for taking the time to follow up on this thread!

I hope you find resolution to your issue!

Gabriel

Microsoft Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,521)