cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myrddin
Regular Visitor

Flow automatically disabled

Hello all,
I have defined several flows, which all work without errors.
Unfortunately, one flow gets disabled at irregular intervals. I can't find a reason why this happens. The flow can be reactivated manually. Afterwards it works again without any problems.
The flow stores data from a Plumsail form in an Excel sheet.
Does anyone have any idea why the flow is disabled? Where can I find information about the reason?
Thanks in advance.
Regards Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just saw that there is an action to activate a flow. I will try to schedule this every 7 or 14 days and activate the relevant flows with it.
That would be at least a workaround.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Myrddin flows get turned off by Microsoft if they haven't run in the last 28 days. This is really annoying as we have several business critical flows that just sit waiting for an incident to happen and sometimes that can be a lot longer than 28 days. I really don't think it's Microsoft's job to turn off flows, they don't have a clue about the business context.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Thanks for the answer. That is annoying. How did you solve the problem?
Create another flow that periodically checks if the first flow is still active?

@Myrddin there's no action to check if another action is still active. We just do a weekly manual check.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

I just saw that there is an action to activate a flow. I will try to schedule this every 7 or 14 days and activate the relevant flows with it.
That would be at least a workaround.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (5,058)