cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bh4
Frequent Visitor

Flow being triggered even when disabled

Hi friends,

I have a sharepoint list . One of the columns has version tracking and I created a flow that takes the content from that column and writes it to another column ( so I can see the contents without selecting view entries and display it in a PowerApp). The flow runs every night at midnight. ( referee to as update flow)

I also have a flow that sends updates when an item is modified . I used a hidden column email:yes/no) to avoid a trigger loop in. (Refered to as email flow)

I want to disable the email flow for this automated update but I’m having trouble with that . I used the flow managemebt connector that disables a flow before the update one starts and reactivated it at the end of the update flow. The email flow is still being triggered ..

Is there a way to reset that trigger after the update flow or to prevent the email flow to be triggered by the update flow ?
3 REPLIES 3
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bh4,

You can configure the trigger condition setting, and in the previous update item flow set the update email subject contains Update, if your email Subject contains "Update", not trigger the Flow you want to close for the time being.

@not(contains(triggerBody()?['Subject'],'Update'))

Annotation 2019-10-28 153201.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bh4
Frequent Visitor

Hi Lin Tu

Is there a way to use the trigger condition to have it ignore changes in a specific column?

Thanks!

Bram

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bh4,

I think this blog could help you:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/Check-for-a-Change-in-a-SharePoint...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (34,816)