cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mc00515

Flow cannot be triggered manually and associated questions

Hello PA Community.

I am working for an education institution that is trying to use PA to leverage abilities to clone SharePoint sites (replicating content from one site to another).

I found a very useful Flow that someone from the YouTube community had posted, and it works a treat when creating a flow to copy a page from one Site to another.  However, I now receive an error message that says This flow cannot be triggered for testing. Despite the error message, the flow is permitted to run successfully in either of the following scenarios:

1. from a SharePoint Communications  site to another,
  2. from a SharePoint site to a Teams site.

It will not run for the following flow: 

1. from a Teams site to another Teams site
  2. from a Teams site to a Communications site

Questions.

1. What is the reason for the error message? It seems to me to be a bug.
  2. Is the reason for the flows that won't work something to do with permissions differences?
  3. Can someone explain why I am only permitted limited runs in any day? If so where do I find the number of runs I am limited to?

I did post this to the O365 community, they have referred me here.

Thanks in advance,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mc00515

I found a workaround for my own query. It doesn't resolve the error message, but it does work for Flows moving in both directions, from Teams to Communications sites and vice versa. View the process on YouTube, here Migrate SharePoint Site Pages to New Site using PowerAutomate - YouTube

The advantage of this process is  that you can move multiple pages in one go. I found that it will copy over 40 pages in about 5 minutes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mc00515

To see the original post on MS O365 Community site, with screenshots of the flows, click here

mc00515

I found a workaround for my own query. It doesn't resolve the error message, but it does work for Flows moving in both directions, from Teams to Communications sites and vice versa. View the process on YouTube, here Migrate SharePoint Site Pages to New Site using PowerAutomate - YouTube

The advantage of this process is  that you can move multiple pages in one go. I found that it will copy over 40 pages in about 5 minutes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,174)