cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kona
Helper I
Helper I

Flow creating new IcM incidents as oppoosed to updating existing active ones

There is a major inconvenience on how Flow handles existing IcM incidents - it creates new ones as opposed to updating existing active ones and increasing hit count when you use the "Create or update IcM incident" step.

image.png

This is the flow:

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We've found the root cause, it's the missing correlation ID.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kona ,

What is the name of the action "Create or ipdate an Icm incident" in your flow so we could find it in our flow and have a test on it?

Could you please share a screenshot of the "Create or ipdate an Icm incident"action in your flow?

It seems that the "Create or ipdate an Icm incident" action in your flow would always create a new one instead of update an existing one.

Have you enter the IcM incident ID in the "Create or ipdate an Icm incident" action so that the flow would check for the existing one?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alice,

Thanks for the reply.

What is the name of the action "Create or ipdate an Icm incident" in your flow so we could find it in our flow and have a test on it?

The name of the action is "Create or update an IcM incident":

0801_flow-2.png

This is the screenshot (I had to hide routing and correlation IDs):

0801_flow-1.png

It seems that the "Create or ipdate an Icm incident" action in your flow would always create a new one instead of update an existing one.

Yes, that's correct, this is why I've started this thread 🙂

Have you enter the IcM incident ID in the "Create or ipdate an Icm incident" action so that the flow would check for the existing one?

Unfortunately, I can't use that scenario because this action would apply only to that one incident as opposed to all the new ones.

@v-alzhan-msftHave you had a chance to look into it? Please advise, based on this we'd have to decide if we use Flow or not.

We've found the root cause, it's the missing correlation ID.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,667)