cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steventran0502
Frequent Visitor

Flow doesn't error out when remote desktop is not "logged in"

Hi all, I design my MS Flow on the Cloud such that at 10AM every day, it'll trigger a Power Automate Desktop Flow on an Azure virtual machine that is always on and is dedicated specifically for my account. I can also trigger this flow manually at any time. When I'm logged in, everything works fine. When I'm logged out of the machine and trigger the flow from another machine, it just says the Flow ran successful, but when I go to the corresponding Power Automate Desktop flow, it actually fails. If i login to Microsoft Flow from the computer that's supposed to run the Desktop flow, the status actually show up as all "Success" which is total incorrect. So there're 2 issu here: 1. The Power Automate Desktop fails but didn't cause the Flow to fail, which gives false impression that the Flow has been executed successfully. So the measure I implemented to catch the failure of Power Automate Desktop flow doesn't work. 2. The status of Power Automate Desktop are displayed inaccurately, depending on the machine on which i'm logged in. This is confusing! Has any one notice it? Any solution you can think of?
2 REPLIES 2
kierian
Community Support
Community Support

That seems you have attended RPA  flow which required user logged in for flow to run successfully 

for unattended RPA flow run without needing for user to be logged in 

Steventran0502
Frequent Visitor

Hi Kierian,

I understand that for attended RPA, it needs a user to login. but in case there's no user logging in, I do expect the Cloud Flow error out. You know? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,440)