cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisj7782
Frequent Visitor

Flow is rejected when everyone has approved

Hoping someone can help me out here.  I've stumped myself and my IT dept. 

I created a document approval flow that works if I am the only approver but if I add an approver the flow somehow breaks.

I am trying to set up a system where a user uploads a file to a "pre-approved" folder and an approval email is automatically generated and sent to a list of pre-established approvers. If everyone approves the file, it will move from the "pre-approved" folder to the "approved" folder.  If someone rejects, the file is rejected and the user will need to reupload a new file with comments from the rejection incorporated.

The flow works perfectly if I am the only approver - I will get an approval email and the file will move to the approved folder.

When I add approvers to the flow, it somehow breaks - Even if everyone approves the file, a rejection email will be sent and the file will not move.

I'm using the following flow:

- when a file is created or modified (properties only)

- start and wait for an approval

- approve/reject - everyone must approve

- condition:  outcome is equal to Approve

- if yes, send an email - "your file has been accepted and moved to the approved folder"

- move file

- if no, send an email - "your file has been rejected"

Any ideas on why adding an approver would break the flow and reject files after everyone has approved??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
savelazq
Microsoft
Microsoft

Try changing the condition "outcome" to "responses" and see if that works. Because there might be an issue where you are getting "multiple" responses from the approvers and that may be giving multiple outcomes overriding each other, and thus taking it as failed. The condition is a loop so it means it will go over itself as many times as there is an approval being requested thus over ridding the "outcome" every time someone else approves it, unless you add a conditional statement AND to ensure you AND the other approver will be taken as 1 outcome, rather than different outcomes. 

I also suggest to look at these two other community forums with a similar issue as yours 

Solved: Approved flow threated as rejected - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Solved: Multiple Approvers / Approval Rejected - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Sam

-------

Community Support Team

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
savelazq
Microsoft
Microsoft

Try changing the condition "outcome" to "responses" and see if that works. Because there might be an issue where you are getting "multiple" responses from the approvers and that may be giving multiple outcomes overriding each other, and thus taking it as failed. The condition is a loop so it means it will go over itself as many times as there is an approval being requested thus over ridding the "outcome" every time someone else approves it, unless you add a conditional statement AND to ensure you AND the other approver will be taken as 1 outcome, rather than different outcomes. 

I also suggest to look at these two other community forums with a similar issue as yours 

Solved: Approved flow threated as rejected - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Solved: Multiple Approvers / Approval Rejected - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Sam

-------

Community Support Team

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks so much! Changing from "outcome" to "responses" did not work for me. However, the solution from one of the threads you provided worked perfectly:

Lisj7782_0-1620698342477.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (99,992)