cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flow never kicks off

I have a flow that's to be kicked off by tagging an email in any folder in an Outlook.com account.  Works great when I use the "test" option in Flow.

Never triggers automatically, though.  Is there a significant delay to this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@ms_user Normally, you can see a delay of up to 5 minutes depending on your license. Can you post a screen shot of your Flow?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @ms_user can you send us a screenshot of your flow?

Highlighted

Sorry for the delay.  I can't show the whole flow (some of the steps won't allow "peek," and I don't know any other way to show what's really there), but here's the first step, which seems to be what's failing (because there's no run history).

{
    "inputs": {
        "host": {
            "connection": {
                "name": "@parameters('$connections')['shared_outlook']['connectionId']"
            }
        },
        "method": "get",
        "path": "/Mail/OnFlaggedEmail",
        "queries": {
            "folderPath": "Id::AQMkADAwATM3ZmYAZS1hNzcAZS03OWY0LTAwAi0wMAoALgAAAy7V0O49DO9Nu8HycrzEw1wBACo_vc9HVy9Gtr-ZPOHeQHoABCYG9B0AAAA=",
            "importance": "Any",
            "fetchOnlyWithAttachment": false,
            "includeAttachments": true
        },
        "authentication": "@parameters('$authentication')"
    },
    "recurrence": {
        "interval": 15,
        "frequency": "Minute"
    },
    "metadata": {
        "flowSystemMetadata": {
            "swaggerOperationId": "OnFlaggedEmail"
        },
        "Id::AQMkADAwATM3ZmYAZS1hNzcAZS03OWY0LTAwAi0wMAoALgAAAy7V0O49DO9Nu8HycrzEw1wBACo_vc9HVy9Gtr-ZPOHeQHoABCYG9B0AAAA=": "ToDo"
    },
    "splitOn": "@triggerBody()?['value']"
}

Please keep in mind - I'm a total noob, to automating stuff. 

Highlighted

Wouldn't you know it - it worked after I posted that.  It seems unpredictable, though.  Sometimes doesn't run overnight, after I've flagged a message in the right folder, sometimes runs within the stated 15 minutes.

I will monitor.

I am getting a consistent warning about my connections failing, when I go to edit my flows, and see that others have that same error, so I wonder if that's affecting the reliability.  I can't see my connections, through Data > Connections, so i'm not sure what the problem is.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (9,813)