cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgstickenz

Flow not listing all time off instances from Shifts

Hi all,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I have created a flow to email all time off instances in Shifts to my inbox. It is working fairly well, but it is not picking up ALL time off instances in a date range. I have tested with updating each entry, adding via Request vs. just entering from the calendar itself, changing details on the entry, nothing works. The flow:

lgstickenz_0-1616079429439.png

lgstickenz_1-1616079464189.png

Like I said, it is picking up some, but not all, time off instances. All the instances have been shared and are showing on the calendar view. Thanks in advance for any help!

L.G. Stickenz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @lgstickenz 

In that case, if you are in a different time zone, you might want to investigate the following action.

DamoBird365_0-1616089906835.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @lgstickenz 

How many are returned?  Is it bang on 10 or 100?

Have you explored pagination and threshold?  Here you can turn on pagination and increase the limit beyond the default max.

DamoBird365_0-1616080750036.png

How many do you expect vs how many are actually returned?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

Thanks for the quick chime in on this!

I'm expecting 6, it is returning 4. I will take a look at the pagination settings as well.

I don't have any filtering on that I am aware of.

Thank you,

LG

DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lgstickenz 

Oh, that doesn't sound like the pagination limit then 🙂

If I were you, I would explore the history and save the output of the action into a notepad so that you can explore the 4 time off instances to see if you can understand why the other 2 are not being returned.  Maybe they have something in common.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Damien

I think I found the issue...

Looking more closely at the payload(s) "List All Time Off Instances" returned it seems the Start Date and End Date of each Time Off entity are kept in Zulu time.  I extended the date range and all the items are included.

Looks like I have some date maths to work on!

Thank you for discussing this with me, much appreciated!

LG

Hi @lgstickenz 

In that case, if you are in a different time zone, you might want to investigate the following action.

DamoBird365_0-1616089906835.png

Cheers,
Damien

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (65,298)